"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Peace

I took Sarah into the Neurologist today....routine visit. It went fine except she was out of sorts, screamed just about the entire time and all of a sudden I noticed a rash on her torso. JUST GREAT! I thought. Something new to deal with...makes sense we are just finishing the last illness. I showed it to the doctor. Not his specialty but he IS a doctor. He said it looked like the patchiness some people get when they are anxious or upset. I didn't know if I agreed or not. Anyway we left and I prayed the whole drive home. And guess what? He was right. It was gone. So that's good. But I had also prayed that even if it didn't go away I would just accept it and not get all upset and we would just deal with it. I just don't want to stress about this stuff any longer. Well I got home and on my email was the following verse for the day:

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

This is a familiar verse. But was so timely for me. I have been craving peace but I think I was looking for the world's version of it....peace because everything is alright not in spite of it. I really savored some time thinking over this verse and that I can have peace regardless of weather or not we are all well. I definitely prefer that we are all well but God is good and will give His peace as we need it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

Heather, I think I must be guilty of this lately - "I have been craving peace but I think I was looking for the world's version of it....peace because everything is alright not in spite of it." - because when I saw the title of your post, I thought, "O, praise the Lord, everyone's feeling better, no more vomit, etc, etc."

What a good reminder of the Source of our peace. Thank you!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home