An Assortment of Information
I ran the full 5 miles on Sunday afternoon. It was awesome. Exhausting but great. Early into it I was doing really well and thinking to myself, "Wow. This is good." And it was in spite of a rather big lunch a few hours earlier. I was running along with no trouble. When I headed home the reality became clear. I had been running with the wind--you would think I would have noticed--NOW I was running against the wind and into the sun and hadn't worn my hat. Thankfully the winds weren't really too strong but the patches of shade I ran through were a welcome retreat. Andrew was at the park when I was coming back into our neighborhood and it is always so encouraging to see a familiar face. So he rode his bike next to me the rest of the way home. It was a good feeling of accomplishment and I feel confident now I can make it through the "Legend" although it will likely be harder since its a trail run. Now...you would think I would have lost weight doing all this running...3 measly pounds and holding! Talk about frustrating! I was really hoping for that bonus! I get the whole calories in vs. out but its just not happening for me. I read last night you burn approx. 100 cals per mile. And I know muscle weighs more than fat and I know I have built up some but still......oh well....
Now my Sarah....patching is going very well! She leaves it alone and really the difficulty comes in taking it off, she cries and cries. So sad! Also her skin is a bit irritated by it so we have to put liquid maalox on and let it dry and then put the patch on. I guess it creates a barrier but still sticks. It seems to be working. The trowing continues to be an issue. Actually the patching has helped with this a bit since it seems to slow her down. And she is wearing a Bear Hug vest when she starts to get overly hyper. We've used this before with her teachers at school and so I went ahead and bought one because we need one here at home and it seems to be helping.
I have one final tidbit which I hope will make you chuckle. Last week my sister Sarah was over visiting. Andrew came into the room and asked if he could water my plants and vacuum for some extra video game time. I said, "No. But you can do those things anyway." He smacked his forehead and said, "I'm a FOOL!" We could hardly contain our laughter. And Andrew did the jobs....Thanks sweetie!!
Now my Sarah....patching is going very well! She leaves it alone and really the difficulty comes in taking it off, she cries and cries. So sad! Also her skin is a bit irritated by it so we have to put liquid maalox on and let it dry and then put the patch on. I guess it creates a barrier but still sticks. It seems to be working. The trowing continues to be an issue. Actually the patching has helped with this a bit since it seems to slow her down. And she is wearing a Bear Hug vest when she starts to get overly hyper. We've used this before with her teachers at school and so I went ahead and bought one because we need one here at home and it seems to be helping.
I have one final tidbit which I hope will make you chuckle. Last week my sister Sarah was over visiting. Andrew came into the room and asked if he could water my plants and vacuum for some extra video game time. I said, "No. But you can do those things anyway." He smacked his forehead and said, "I'm a FOOL!" We could hardly contain our laughter. And Andrew did the jobs....Thanks sweetie!!

2 Comments:
Who cares about the poundage...how do you feel?! I'll bet you feel great even when you're tired at the end of a long run. Keep it up!!
I feel good. I would like to feel lighter...LOL. Oh well. I do like that now it is "cake" to run a mile and a half. And I love the sweet exhaustion at the end of the long run. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I will think of you as one of my cheerleaders!
Post a Comment
<< Home