Flirt with Dirt
On Saturday I ran in my second 5K--Flirt with Dirt. Too fun. It was my first trail run, however, so it had some interesting elements to it. I shaved 2 minutes off my best time and didn't even throw up at the end. Was that too much info? Its just that sometimes working out really hard can have that effect and I certainly felt that way minutes after crossing the finish line. But I chilled out on the grass for about 20 minutes and the feeling passed. I downed a banana and headed home making it back to the homestead before 9am. How's that for a day's work. Really it was cool to be in the trees with the sun peaking through and the soft dirt beneath my feet, as opposed to hard concrete, very relaxing. That doesn't sound possible but it is totally the opposite of stressful for me and afterward its very euphoric. I think next time I would love to have someone cheering for me at the finish. Last time I had Andrew waiting for me and it just was incredible to see him cheering and smiling at me and I really missed that this time. I think I would have pushed even harder at the end--which was uphill!!

3 Comments:
I think you may have talked about this before, but refresh my memory... When did you get into running?
I don't remember you being into that in High School or even in College.
Am I crazy? Don't answer that!
You are correct I wasn't into it in High School or College. After we moved to Ohio it started and continued through our move to Wisconsin which is really when I began to like it. Sometimes I am more consistant than others but its something I have really come to enjoy. Last night the boys and I went out at about 9:30 and it was so fun to be able to enjoy that with them. I am not ready to run any marathons yet....its just for fun and fitness.
I think that Dave would say that throwing up is a sign of a good workout:o
Post a Comment
<< Home