"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Laundry Poll

Ok Blogging friends....how do YOU handle the laundry? Is it a once a week task? do you do a load each day? does it fill with you with dread? Do you love to do it? Please share the who, what, when, where and why? I ask because for some reason this duty has gotten out of control in my seemingly under control house. By way of a disclaimer I want to say I am in NO WAY complaining. I try to remind myself often NOT to complain about doing laundry and rather give thanks for the baskets that are overfilled with clothes for us to wear. Many items have been handed down to my children in excellent condition for them to use and pass on again. So I do give thanks for God's bountiful provision. Even when it comes to ironing Sandor's shirts I remind myself to give thanks for his gainful employment....and for the dry clean service as I often choose to go that route these days ;-) Still for some reason this task has become undaunting and I cannot slay the monster. Baskets of both dirty and clean laundry abound. The dirty ones ever growing and the clean ones waiting patiently for me to fold and put away. So what I am trying to figure out is....what works? What can I try? How can I get this under control? In Minnesota I had a small laundry closet on the first floor. That worked well and (usually) the laundry was under control. Even after the arrival of the twins. The amount increased but it was maintained. Here I have a small laundry room and I just can't get it together. Summer seems easier but I suspect because the clothes themselves are smaller and then we were less of them since we are often in layers these days. I just don't get it. Please share dear bloggers!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I am waiting for someone to disperse some wisdom... I'll check back often:)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I have a laundry room ten steps from my bedroom and I have no wisdom. I have only two small baskets and always take so long to fold that my dirty and clean often becomes mixed or I can't remember what i washed or didn't. then there are the inevitable wrinkles in all the clothes that have sat for a month...and I wonder why I have so many clothes and never seem to have anything to wear!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ladies....obviously I too am waiting for the dispensing of wisdom but perhaps we must assume those who would dispense it are using the time we spend blogging to stay on top of thier laundry? Perhaps therein lies the wisdom.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I want to do it twice a week on scheduled days like my mom used to (Mon and Thurs) but that never works. We usually do it twice a week but not on special days - once during the week and once on the weekend.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh! I forgot to say this. I have a friend who has five daughters and about a year or so ago she got so behind on laundry that she left the kids at home with hubby and took it all the laundromat, and did 10 loads at once!! That's something to think about I guess.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Well....I haven't got that far behind yet but I've been close.
Today I just about tackled the laundry monster. I found two things that worked well for me. One is folding the clothes right away when they come out of the drying. This accomplished two things....kept the flow of laundry going and got the folding done and into individual baskets. Second I did a load of towels or sheets between each load of clothing. This way every other load was easy to fold and put away.
We do what works, don't we?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Marjorie Meinzinger said...

If you think your mom has some advise on this you would be short sighted to say the least. I don't think I ever got it when it came to laundry and even to this day. For very short periods of time I can say that I actually had on a couple of occasions reached the end of the basket but I should have written them down in gold ink on the calender. I do have a couple ideas though that might work: Have a laundry party and invite your sisters and mom to help you get ALL DONE. You provide lunch and someone is in charge of kid control. This of course has to be reciprocated at each of their homes but I don't know how we will do it with Mel. I guess I will have to have a laundry party with her when I go out there in the Spring. Love,MOM

9:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well the only way I can stay on top of the laundry is to do a couple loads each day. I have found that folding right away helps. I also love hanging clothes! So much quicker than folding and putting away so I hang as much as possible. Of course my wonderful husband, Brett helps with all of this!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Laundry is the demon satan left to keep us overly preoccupied with the clothes we're bound to wear by the sin he tricked us into!!!
that said, at least 2 loads a day, keeps things moving. i have purposed that the soccer uniforms will go in WHEN we get home, immediately, to be ready for the next event,(any given Tues, Thurs, or Sat.)
you CAN definitely have too many clothes...take inventory.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home