Dinner on a Dime
I am excited to say I have prepared a low cost, wholesome, well loved meal for my family of 6. Actually 2 meals. It starts with a 5.99 stuffed chicken from the local grocery store. Add a bag of frozen vegys (what $2?) and 2 cans of gravy ($3) So right now my total is 10.99. Two nights ago we had the chicken, stuffing, 1 can of gravy and some vegys. Today I used the leftover chicken the rest of vegys and the other can of gravy to make a chicken pie. Of course I had to use a little flour and crisco to make the pie crusts but that's negligible--what $2 at most?! So all together I am up to $12.99 for 2 meals for 6 which is just over $1 per person/per meal! Pretty good. I am sure some have done even better but I am pleased with my results. And the kids will love the chicken pie because they have been asking for it for some time. Mmmm.....mmmm...good.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home