Blessings
As I am busseling through the morning I just paused and thought, "Wow. I am blessed more than I ever imagined! In ways I never imagined!" God is good. It is so easy to take His blessings for granted but I am trying not to do that. From big ones to small ones. From blessings I wanted and asked for to blessings I didn't know I wanted and received anyway. To blessings of joy and those that came with pain. I am blessed! I once read on someone else's blog: If you haven't got all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you don't want. - Anonymous
I guess my muddled up point is be thankful for what you have, the blessings--good ones and bad ones--that God has given you. I am.
I guess my muddled up point is be thankful for what you have, the blessings--good ones and bad ones--that God has given you. I am.

3 Comments:
I have heard a few times lately, on the radio of all places, that no matter who you are there is someone, somewhere who would love to be you. I really makes me think about how blessed we really are and don't even know it because we don't always see what it COULD be like.
I agree and I think too that its just easier to look and think about what we don't have that we want or wish for than it is to have a heart of gratitude and just to be thankful for what we DO have, regardless of our situation.
Also your words remind me of a speaker we had at DPBC who talked about those who live in absolute poverty and it reminds me to be all the more thankful. Thankful for kids who don't want to get up in the morning because they have a warm bed they are snuggled in and for rumbles in my tummy because I CAN fill it.
We are blessed--no doubt about it and we need to remember from Whom our blessings come!
We heard this speaker at the teachers conference talk about this very thing - we are COMMANDED to be thankful in all things and he mentioned how those things we want to grmble about are often sent to help us remove something in our lives that God sees as harmful or teach us something we need to know. Even those things we want to grumble about are a Blessing!!
Post a Comment
<< Home