"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

VCU....WHAT??

VCUG. That's the acronym for the test Sarah had today. Its the third time she has had this test. Very unpleasant. Picture if you can--an image of someone stretched out on "the rack" and that's kind of the position she has to be restrained in. And while being restrained like this her little bladder is filled (via catheter) with dye so that drs. can watch and photograph what happens inside when she voids--the V--twisting the "rack" she is on from side to side to photo from various angles and sides. Can you imagine what she must have felt and thought? Its distressing as a parent. You do try to comfort and be strong for your child's sake and I am--I am focused only on Sarah, talking to her and explaining to her and holding the little hands that are restrained above her head. I am there watching everything and taking it all in. Listening carefully for clues and hints about what the drs see. When her bladder is full to discomfort she has to void. Now this must create conflict in the mind of a little person who is in the midst of potty training....You want me to do what? Here? Now?...and here I am singing our little potty songs without care about the drs and nurses who will hear my silly songs. Its for Sarah that I sing. She voids finally and the ordeal ends. Even the drs and nurses sympathize. They wouldn't like it themselves. Voiding Cystourethrogram (VCUG).

I have found that having a special needs child has led to my being educated a little bit on a lot of subjects.....

The good news...one kidney no longer has any reflux--Praise the Lord! The other side has stayed the same and the Dr. is optimistic that in time it too will resolve itself. So perhaps its worth the agony???

1 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie Meinzinger said...

I don't know if I could have lasted through witnessing that. I could just cry for Sarah in fact I am. I guess you really got me as I visualized you singing potty songs to help her go. I think the docs must have known what a good mom Sarah was blessed with. Love, MOM

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home