"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

12 Days and Counting....

We have 12 days of summer vacation left. I am excited about my children returning to school but not because I want them to be gone all day its just a fun, exciting time. "For you, not them," you say. Well that is not entirely true. Today in the mail came letters from the new teachers. Introductions and also lets of extra back to school information. And the boys are thrilled with their teachers. Jacob has a teacher who has worked with him before in the past and should be an excellent fit for this year. I haven't met him personally but he was recommended by Jacob's fourth grade teacher. He has quite a good amount of experience as well. Andrew is going to have the same teacher Jacob had back in third grade. I couldn't be more pleased. She is very experienced and also has a masters in teaching gifted children so its a great fit for Andrew. She is strict but very nice. Sarah's teacher also came by the house today along with the speech teacher and a parapro. They are wonderful and I am thrilled she will have such experienced ladies working with her. It gave us an opportunity to talk about Sarah and her progress and needs and also for them to observe her for a bit. Timothy is the only one not heading off to school and I am looking forward to having him all to myself. We had fun picking out school supplies. A BIG purple back pack for Sarah and Hummer (H3) notebooks for Jacob and lots of assorted colored pens and pencils for Andrew for writing the assortment of stories he will be working on (he is quite an author!) So we are excited and still I am sure I will be choked up when they head off--all fresh and clean--for that first day back.
In the meantime we are packing in as much fun as we can for those last few summer days....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always loved back-to-school shopping. I love school supplies and I always go down that aisle in the grocery store. This time of year is awesome because there's so much cool stuff out now.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Marjorie Meinzinger said...

It is funny you wrote about that because I was thinking about it yesterday. It is a unique time of year. I remember the shopping and anticipation when my girls went back to school too. It is kind of a different feeling at home and outside a little this time of year. Kind of a strange quiet. It is hard to describe. Maybe it is that there are no kids sounds in the neighborhood. Gina is here with us now and Farmington started school yesterday. You will probably be looking forward to the kids getting out for the summer come next year but this is a fun time. It will be a needed time with Timmy too. You will cherish this special year with him. Love, MOM

7:32 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Wow, 12 days! We have been at it for a week, and already looking forward to Labor Day weekend! Have fun boys, and Heather, I agree with mom. You'll treasure having Tim with you. I know I miss him, as well as you and the other boys. Tell them I said I love them and Andrew, I want to read these stories you write!

Love Auntie in Arizona!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home