Expanding our......horizon
So today I took Jacob to the orthodotist. Fourth visit in three weeks!! Yikes...crazy. But it is now official. He is in "Phase 1" of orthodotics. He had an expander put in the roof of his mouth. For the next two weeks I will turn it with a little "key" each night and it will gradually expand the roof of his mouth to make room for all his grown up teeth. The hope is that he won't need extractions or at least less extractions. Pretty neat, huh? He was talking funny after but I know he will get used to it quickly. He had a last hurrah...a popcorn feast...last night since he can't eat stuff like that for a while. I think he has enjoyed the little breaks from school he got out of it--and convincing me to drive thru the golden arches for him too!! What a kid!! I just love him. I am so blessed to have him.

2 Comments:
Heather, Remember when you had braces and we said the Tin Grin is In?? Well I remember. Actually I am enjoying watching each one of the grandkids as they reach these different milestones and experiences in life. And I agree with you about Jacob being a pretty awesome young man. Since you did not brag about him online Grandma will. Jacob won the Pinewood Derby a week or so ago. Way to Go Jacob. That's just really cool. Love, Grandma
Heather,
We have been told that an expander is in the near future for MK. A kid at school told her how aweful it is, so now she is freaked out about the key and the turning. What are the phases of orthodontics, or do I not want to know?
shawna
Post a Comment
<< Home