"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Nature Run

I've been thinking about this post for over a week. I just haven't sat down to do record it until now....over a week later. Nature Run...so what's that all about? WELL. I love to run, not a surprise. But the Lord gives me gifts to delight in on most of my runs. Many times those gifts come in the form of simply enjoying the beauty and the wonder of His creation. Sometimes...I get just a little and other times no gifts in that way...sometimes the gifts He gives are just in the form of still quietness in my mind....to pray or think or listen. Last Saturday, however, I was showered with opportunities to experience the wonder of God's creation. First the scents were just right...fresh spring air with the fragrance of blooming plants. The temperature was great and I was just in a sensory delight savoring the quiet morning as I ran...and then BAM...less than 10 feet in front of me....4 deer! Of course my appearance on the trail had started the closest two off into the woods but the further 2 stuck around and I slowed and savored the view. Next...rabbits, and a blue Heron. Then on my return trip I got to see the same (I am positive) 4 deer as they crossed the road about a quarter mile or so ahead of me. This time they looked at me and just hurried off into the wood since I think I was far enough away that they didn't feel threatened. It was just amazing. I saw a snake and frog too...but they were both dead...so that doesn't really count. I saw ducks, geese and other birds. It was just delightful!
...and I didn't swallow any bugs...a common spring running hazard. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Trenda said...

I LOVE it when this happens-I'm just amazed at His creation!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home