"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thoughts on laundry

This morning I had 5 minutes after getting myself ready before I "started" work. "Started" referring to the arrival of my first before school child to care for. So I decided to plow through a basket of clean laundry and get it folded. I WAS able to which is a nice feeling of accomplishment. But as I folded I thought about my kids and laundry. Laundry, laundry. Seems like I can try so hard and never stay on top of it. There is so often a basket of clean, unfolded laundry waiting for me. And just as often a pile of dirty laundry in the laundry room plus a load in the washer and one in the drying. AND many times a row of four baskets steadily being filled for the owners who will be expected to put away the clean, folded clothes. Okay...I digress. Today as I folded I was reminded that I had planned ahead last night and would not hear any requests (often at my busiest moments) for clean underwear, socks or shirts. I had confirmed said items for each boy last night. But I thought about Andrew as I folded a favorite shirt and then one for Jacob and small shorts for Timothy and Sarah's sweet cute shirts. And it reminded me of the PRIVILEGE I have to serve these small souls each and every day. It was a reminder to do it with the right attitude (even at my busiest moments) and try so very hard to let them know I am happy to help them...I am so blessed to have them...and so enjoy watching their personalities develop. Who would have thought laundry could make you think so much!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laurel said...

Thank you for the reminder, Heather. You're so right (both about the never-ending-ness and about the blessing)!

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heather, It's nice to see you find the blessings in your work rather than the drudgery that some can see that overpowers it all. I have heard some different takes on this such as: pray for them as you fold their items and think of how you are blessed with so many clothes for them to wear and a machine to do the washing and one to do the drying. I will try to incorporate your attitude in some of things that never go away in my household chores. Like the dirty dishes mean we had good food on them etc. I like the way you think sometimes. Love, MOM

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home