Vandals
Last night we were targeted by vandals. About a half hour after falling to sleep I woke up to some unfamiliar sounds. I looked to see if it was Sarah because sometimes she wakes up in the night and plays. Not her. So I stood quietly in the hall and listened. Someone was moving right outside my front door! I woke Sandor immediately and he took off down the stairs and listened. Then he turned on the porch light and opened the door. Nothing there. Weird. We headed upstairs again and the noise started up again. We listened. We could FEEL this vandal pressing against the door as we listened from the other side and we could hear him moving around so this time we peeked out into the dark. A masked vandal was on the porch and slowly his cohorts appeared around the corner of the garage! Big and FAT...they were trying to steal the dried corn cobs off the stalks I had arranged on the porch as fall decorations. Not one, not two, but THREE big raccoons. Oh well. Let them eat it!! BUT what a mess they left for me this morning and one very inconsiderately sat on my mum and crushed part of it. Ah wildlife. I think I will clip the rest of the cobs off and leave them for the vandals as a buffet....rather than have them destroy my decorations any further.

1 Comments:
Well everybody's gotta eat something sometime and when a buffet is so nicely presented, "Why not?" This is the time of year to wear one's mask to a party anyway so it seems they were all just ready for a night out and felt warmly welcomed. They are probably sorry about the little accident with the flowers but it was just a mix-up. Too bad you had to let every body know about it though because some folks are gonna shut down the chow line by their house just because you went and told. If you do it again would you mind leaving out a little dessert. I hear that particular group has a little sweet tooth - can't you tell by their rounded figures? M.O.M.
Post a Comment
<< Home