Seasons
We are fast approaching fall and I can't help think about how much I love that season. I really enjoy all the seasons but fall has a special place in my heart. Crunchy leaves on the ground, apples, holidays, my boys birthdays, cool days.....
Today I pulled out some fall clothes for Timothy while Sarah was away at school. This involved some reminiscing about Andrew...and Jacob...wearing those same clothes. Changing seasons....
And then when she was home I cuddled those 2 not so little ones on my lap. I looked down at the two heads snuggled close against my chest, so close to each other they were touching and could not help but recognize this pose from years ago when I held my newborn twins together in my arms....one blonde head, one brown head....changing seasons....and yet bits from the previous season blend into the next...helping make the transition sweet.
Today I pulled out some fall clothes for Timothy while Sarah was away at school. This involved some reminiscing about Andrew...and Jacob...wearing those same clothes. Changing seasons....
And then when she was home I cuddled those 2 not so little ones on my lap. I looked down at the two heads snuggled close against my chest, so close to each other they were touching and could not help but recognize this pose from years ago when I held my newborn twins together in my arms....one blonde head, one brown head....changing seasons....and yet bits from the previous season blend into the next...helping make the transition sweet.

3 Comments:
I Love the fall too, especially the very end of the summer - not so much the part when it gets really cold;)
Greetings from Alberta. It has been a while since I dipped into your journal -- enjoyed the holiday pictures and this lovely mom's moment described today.
I love fall too!! Your cousin, Marilylle
My favorite part of fall is the smell of a wood fire, from somewhere (you often can't quite tell) or leaves burning (mom hates this, but I love it).
Post a Comment
<< Home