MOPS

I returned Sunday from Orlando,Florida where 4 of the gals (myself included) from the steering team of our chapel's MOPS group spent a long weekend attending the MOPS convention. It was great and really did what everyone said it would...recharge us about the mission of MOPS which is to reach every mother of preschoolers for Christ. Because....better moms make a better world. And since a mother's influence is so far reaching if she can influence her children for Christ then they influence others too and it snowballs from there. Too COOL. There was rest for this weary mommy (although we did stay up late talking), there was relaxation too (hot tub!) and there was even entertainment as we got to see some good performers--Go Fish and Sarah Groves. Our worship was led by Matt Redman who was really good. The speakers were also very informative and funny and often shared personal stories of how God had worked in their own lives. It was just great. I have to thank MANY, MANY people for making it possible for me to go. Sarah (my sister) and I sat together on the plane ride down and we counted out some of the caring individuals who made the experience possible for us from relatives who watched our kids, our husbands who supported what we are doing, our Dad for taking us to the airport, to our chapel for helping fund this expedition, etc... It is my prayer that the words that touched my heart will be things I can take and share with our MOPS group, that I can use those words and be a better mom, and that in so doing other moms, my children and other children will be influenced for Christ.

2 Comments:
One of the speakers for your conference spent a week-end here recently. Her name was MiMi Wilson. She told me she was doing a session on hospitality. Did you go to it or meet her? She was lots of fun during her visit here.
Hi Dear Ann Truthy!! No I did not meet her. There were so many break out sessions offered and of those we had to pick three....I went to Longing...Moving closer to the love you've always wanted (Christ's love), Adaptable Dwellings (for moms with special needs kids) and One Tough Mother (hilarious) plus there were like 5,000 people there so it was huge!!
Give my little sister a hug!
Post a Comment
<< Home