A Nine Year Old Boy
I have chuckled so many times lately because of Andrew's "girl aversion" Now I would never allow him to be misogynistic but being that's he's nine and a boy he seems to want to avoid all things girl. He is kind to his sister and the girls in his life but having to be around girls just seems to be drag for him. Example, this morning during the recap of yesterday's school day he was excited because during math he got to be in the same group as Mitchell--his best friend! And then very quietly and in the most depressing voice he added that Alyse and Hannah were in the group too. Example, a recap of recess last week included a game of tag with Mitchell and then the fact that they were chasing girls came up! Of course the girls made up that part of the game! Andrew's been like this much more than my other boys and it goes back to even the days of potty training when he protested going in the ladies room with me---because he would get "girl germs"
How fast this will change, won't it? I already pray for that little girl, growing up somewhere in the world, that will someday be his wife....
How fast this will change, won't it? I already pray for that little girl, growing up somewhere in the world, that will someday be his wife....

2 Comments:
reminds me of "Watercolor Ponies" by Wayne Watson...an old old CCM song where he's thinking and praying for the little girl that will be his son's wife one day.
Its true he does seem to offer exemption to the girls in his life that he loves. I think he has a special affection for Miss Beka.
Post a Comment
<< Home