"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Little Helper

I just love watching Sarah grow and develop. As I sit here typing she is hugging me and playing with me in her own unique way. Sarah is so far behind a typical four year old developmentally so I don't expect typical behaviors from her but sometimes she surprises me. Lately her new "thing" is to open all the drawers and cupboards in the kitchen. This is such a challenge to me as I try to remain patient and say, "No Sarah, that is not a choice" "Close the door, Sarah." She's learning--slowly--she's responding to my instructions. One behavior that took me pleasantly by surprise is how Sarah demonstrates a willingness to offer help and be an involved part of our family. It sounds a bit complex for her but guess what? She likes to help empty the dishwasher. Allowing her to help means the task actually takes longer than if I were to do it quickly myself but it is precious to see her learning a task that is not a direct benefit to her and is part of the housekeeping duties. She takes the cups out of the top rack and hands them to me one at a time. I take care of it from there. One at a time we empty all the dishes from the top rack. It so sweet to have my little girl helping me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home