"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Sunday, April 22, 2007

5 K--Dart Frog Dash

On Saturday Andrew and I ran in a 5 K at the Toledo Zoo. We both had a great time. Now I have dabbled at jogging for the past 7 years or so but have been very inconsistent about it for the last 3. I really enjoy it because it is my "only me in my brain" time. I spent the last 2 weeks getting ready and doing the run three times a week so that I would be confident I could finish it come race day. In my practice I jogged slow and sometimes walked but I finished. On race day we were excited....the race began and we took off.... Andrew's pace is faster than mine. He didn't want to go "slow" so I let him run ahead. Every now and then I would catch a glimpse of him ahead of me...but eventually I couldn't see him anymore. I kept running and had many temptations to slow and walk but I pushed myself and ran the WHOLE thing. As did Andrew who was waiting for me at the finish line. It was awesome. Andrew's time was 30:22 and mine was 34:31. Andrew is thrilled to have beat his old mom to the finish line and for me seeing him waiting for me and giving me a high five as I passed him was GREAT! It was alot of fun and I can't wait to do it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Donnelly said...

That must have been so awesome! I admire the discipline... Tell Andrew to keep it up!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home