"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Talkin' Turkey

Today was MOPS at church. MOPS stands for Mothers Of Pre Schoolers. I enjoy going to MOPS and its a fun way to get recharged as a Mom and connect with other moms. While I am at MOPS my darling Timothy is in MOPPETS--the childcare program for our children. My dear mother has graciously agreed to serve as the MOPPET co-ordinator for this year. Today she taught a great story to the children about how the Lord covers us with His wings and protects us. She shared a personal experience of seeing a mother bird do this with her chicks in a storm and also played a game with the kids. Well...today's funny comment of the day goes to Timothy who explained the game to me as he climbed into the car and said, "I was a little turkey and Grandma was a big turkey." Sometimes Timothy IS a little turkey. (Like today at the orthodontist office!) But Mom you are NEVER a big turkey. I just love ya'!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

If God can love turkey's God can love you. You are a turkey and I am one too...:)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Marjorie Meinzinger said...

Actually, I consider being called a big turkey a compliment. Turkeys are pretty good moms. The one I saw sat in the rain and storm probably all night sheltering her babies and if I can be as good a mom as that I'll accept the title. Also she reminded me of how Christ endured the storm of punishement for my sin that I deserved and was too weak to endure without sure death. "He {Christ} himself bore our sin in his own body on the tree" That parallel in the story was a little too advanced for pre-school but it spoke to my heart which is the blessing one gets for telling stories. Love, MOM

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home