"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Friday, September 29, 2006

A Note of Thanks

I just have to say, "Thank you!" to my dear husband. Today I had an amazingly sweet and special and fun morning with Timothy--our three year old son. While we were out walking I was just savoring the time and all the fun things he was doing and saying. Then I was struck by the fact that I am SO blessed to have this opportunity. I guess it came from the fact that I was the only mommy out walking in the neighborhood with a child on such a beautiful fall morning. That thought led to the truth I know about our neighborhood which is many of the moms work full or part time. (Which is not necessarily a bad thing!) But I have the opportunity to be at home with my kids. Its hard work. It can be boring and frustrating and unending, sometimes gross and unappreciated. But its special and wonderful too and something not everyone gets the opportunity to do. I can do it because I have a dear husband who works hard so that I can be at home with our children. Sometimes I forget that and seldom do I remember to say that I appreciate it. So here's to you, dear! "Thank you SO much!" Love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

So, it may seem strange that the single one is commenting on this post. Because you would think that I would have little percepective on married life, but I actually do. I think it is awesome that you say "thank you" because you do have such an awesome oppurtunity! Being a stay at home mom seems like it must be such an amazing/difficult/challenging/rewarding role and we are often so quick to honor it (because it is a role worthy of honor), that we forget it takes two to make it possible. So, here is a shout out to all the dads (Sandor, Mike, Dave, Dad, etc.) who made/make it possible for kids to have that in their lives. Stay-at-home moms would not be possible without the go-to-work dads. They even help baby-sit-when-needed aunties get to go to disneyworld! So tell Sandor I said thanks too, and I miss him and all of you. Love Mel

4:35 AM  
Blogger Marjorie Meinzinger said...

Here I am: a stay at home grandma and former mostly stay at home mom with tears running down my eyes realizing I never thanked my husband for the unique opportunity I had or The Lord for allowing that too. I am shamed to think I have complained about more than been thankful for the wonderful blessing I had. And this too I learned from the kids I stayed at home with. I love you my dear daughters. I thank you Sandor, Mike and Dave for allowing my girls to be stay at home moms and my husband Dave I thank belatedly. MOM

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home