"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Mommy moment to share!

I am REALLY tired tonight. The tired you can FEEL in your body. BUT I want to share something that Andrew and I just discussed. We spent the last hour and a half working on his POW poster. He is the Person Of the Week (POW) at school. It seems like we make a poster like this every year. When will I learn and just save it?! But as we were finishing up Andrew asked me why I was helping him so much? I said, "because the instructions said to do it as a family project. That's why Dad and Jacob wrote something about you and I asked Timothy what he likes about you. I wrote a note about you and also asked Sarah if she likes you reading to her." After a few seconds he responded with, "Yeah but you're doing so much." "Well I love you," I said. Andrew blew me away with, "But what did I ever do to deserve it?" I am so thankful that I was blessed at that moment with the wisdom to correlate my love for him with the way God loves all of us. I told him I love him just because he is my child just like God loves each of us because we are His children not because we deserve it. Of course I did explained that I could never love the way God does. Being Andrew he understood and I am thrilled that we had the brief discussion. I am also glad he noticed the work I was putting in with him and that he expressed appreciation for it. It was a great Mommy moment! Hope you enjoy it too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie Meinzinger said...

It really is like we are with God. We seem to want to do so much on our own when God wants to help us - lead us - strengthen us. Maybe we help our kids with projects because we know the different outcomes much of the time and we want the outcome to be the best. That too is the way it is with God. He knows for sure the outcome and when He helps us our projects always are A+. Another thought is that when we do things "on our own" it tends to bring more glory to ourselves and when God does it than the glory goes to HIM - He wants us to do things that always bring glory to HIM. On the other hand as human parents it is hard to know when and how much guidance should be given and when it is time to ease up. When you made the poster for Mel I was so thrilled with it but I couldn't help but remember the science project you did on fire and all the stuff we went to get at the station and all the flames we cut out from construction paper. When I saw Mel's poster I was very glad I had given it all over to you. Seems sometime along the way the wand is passed. Parenting and grandparenting is such an interesting process and OH SO ENJOYABLE. I enjoy watching and hearing about your parenting with your little dears. LOVE - MOM

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home