The ever expanding Piszar family...
Its not what you may be thinking but I got your attention, didn't I?
Andrew joined the orthodontic ranks recently. Today he had his palate expander put in. He took it really well and has been doing fine although it is requiring him to re-learn how to eat some foods and also say some sounds. Time will correct that for him. In just a couple weeks we will pick up his shwartz appliance which is a lower expander. Kind of looks like a retainer but has a "crank" in it which is turned every few days to increase pressure on the lower teeth, push them outward and make some room for new ones. Jacob is wearing one too. Andrew is starting out a few years earlier than Jacob because he had some issues with a cross bite. Still its amazing how similar the paths they will take appear to be and I have already had comments from different techs and the orthodontist about how similar their mouths are--and as a result the problems they both have. Oh well.
I am tired so, good night.
Andrew joined the orthodontic ranks recently. Today he had his palate expander put in. He took it really well and has been doing fine although it is requiring him to re-learn how to eat some foods and also say some sounds. Time will correct that for him. In just a couple weeks we will pick up his shwartz appliance which is a lower expander. Kind of looks like a retainer but has a "crank" in it which is turned every few days to increase pressure on the lower teeth, push them outward and make some room for new ones. Jacob is wearing one too. Andrew is starting out a few years earlier than Jacob because he had some issues with a cross bite. Still its amazing how similar the paths they will take appear to be and I have already had comments from different techs and the orthodontist about how similar their mouths are--and as a result the problems they both have. Oh well.
I am tired so, good night.

1 Comments:
Phew - I got nervous when I read the title. MOM
Post a Comment
<< Home