Steps toward Independence
I have to chuckle quietly to myself as Timothy dresses himself these days. I am still helping pick out his clothes but socks aside he want to put them all on HIMSELF! The reason I chuckle is that I put the clothes in a pile and help him take off his PJ shirt--he still struggles with that--then he grabs some article--underpant, shirt, whatever--and runs to the other side of the room. WHY? Because he knows if he is within arms reach I will be unable to resist the urge to help him. And he wants to do it by himself. He doesn't mind the struggle and will come and ask for help if it gets too hard. I am trying to resist the urge because I want him to know I will let him do things I know he can do even if I see they are hard for him. That's a little lesson in real life. He is growing up!
AND not to be undone is our dear Sarah who moved into a "big girl bed" last week. Its a toddler bed, so small and low to the ground. But it means she is no longer confined to a crib. Amazingly she is doing great! She has only gotten out of bed a few times when she was not supposed to. Usually she settles down, snuggles up and goes to sleep. What a big step for her and us.
The crib is down! Exciting and also poignant....
AND not to be undone is our dear Sarah who moved into a "big girl bed" last week. Its a toddler bed, so small and low to the ground. But it means she is no longer confined to a crib. Amazingly she is doing great! She has only gotten out of bed a few times when she was not supposed to. Usually she settles down, snuggles up and goes to sleep. What a big step for her and us.
The crib is down! Exciting and also poignant....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home