"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Monday, May 08, 2006

Science

This evening I took Andrew along with me for my jog. He is in the "15 minute club" at school. That means he successfully ran for 15 minutes without stopping. So we are jogging along and he is commenting on how slow I am going. I am jogging at about 4 to 4.5 miles an hour. He is going about 5.5 to 6. He gets ahead then stops and waits for me. And after a while gets a "stitch" in his side. I explained that I was going for endurance--to jog for about a half hour and for distance--about 2 miles. When we pass the pond we stopped to look for frogs. We saw many early this spring during mating season. They were all over. None today. A little further around the pond and Andrew takes another break. I keep running but am quickly called back and go because he sounds really excited. Justifiably so. He has found dozens of tadpoles. This is timely because he has a life cycle project due at the end of May. We cut the jog short and hussle home. We come back with the camera and a container. Jacob joins us. We had some fun scooping up pond water and tadpoles and bringing them home. I hope they survive. Our plan is to release them once they are frogs into the green space that is wet and marshy by our house. Andrew can study and document the life cycle for his project too. It was great to see the boys get excited about real science. I love being Mom to boys!! When we got home Andrew gave all the credit to God for us finding the tadpoles and it all working out just the way it did. I think its appropriate. His hand was in the creation of the little squigglers too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home