Breakfast
Perhaps you've experienced it yourself--the frenzy of breakfast in a house with several kids trying to get off to school. Or maybe you can at least imagine it? If not I will try to help you create a mental image of this event at my house. The bus comes at 8:30, so we have a deadline to meet, so to speak. I've been requested to scramble eggs--which I am doing. And then it begins, the bombardment, which oddly enough, I enjoy. Today it was Andrew who started it. Wanting to know what happens if a mom has germs in her body and passes them on to her baby when its being born? Will the baby get sick? Interesting breakfast conversation. Where does he get these questions?? And while I am explaining, before I even finish another question and then another and another, from different kids, about different topics...help me! I can't keep up! But I try. And I try not to get to frenzied as I watch the clock creaping ever closer towards that deadline...coffee brew faster!!!...and yet I am glad they ask lots of questions and that I am the one who gets to try to give the correct answers. Once that deadline comes its hugs, kisses, and don't forget that quick prayer for them as they rush out the door. It will be over too soon...won't it??

2 Comments:
Hello there! Your Grandma Jean - my Auntie - sent me the link to your blog. I have bookmarked it and will dip in now and then to see how you are doing.
My mom was your great aunt Ruth. I am her eldest, and actually the oldest of the Meinzinger family's cousins. My husband Larry and I are retired and live in Alberta.
Christmas blessing to you and your family. cousin Marilylle
Yes - It will be over too soon
AND you will miss it
BUT you will always remember it.
Love, MOM
Post a Comment
<< Home