Out for a jog
So how many of you know that I love to jog? Its true. I never used to but way back in 1999, I think, I started jogging. I did NOT love it then. But it kind of grew on me. There have been times when I have been a faithful jogger and other times, well, not so much. This summer I was pretty good about doing it but I think it has been at least a month since I have been able to get out for a jog. I went today and it was an awesome run! Why do I love to jog? For me, it is quiet in my brain time. There are no little voices calling "Maahmm!" or other distractions for the moment. Only the thoughts I want are there. So that is what I like best. Today I took Eszti and we jogged about 2 miles. It was so cool because on the path there were fallen leaves and I ran through them all. One of my favorite things about fall is to hear the crunch of leaves under my feet. Sometimes I use this time to pray, or think, but mostly I like to listen to music while I jog. As I ran the second song to come on was "You Drive I'll Ride" by FFH. It was a great "thinking" song for me today. See, I think its about letting God be in control of my life, to be the driver, and me being ok to ride, being the passenger. Some of the words are: "You take the wheel, I will work the radio. You take the wheel, we'll go where you want to go. You take the wheel, take it fast, take it slow, whatever you choose I'm fine. You drive, I'll ride. So I started thinking about that. And then there was Eszti. Distracting my thinking...OR was she?? I have been working with this little, growing bigger, puppy of mine. And reality is SHE wants to be the Alpha dog and be in charge. Too bad, Eszti, I'm the boss. So I had to get a choke collar for her. And guess what, she is doing awesome with it. I have a dog who is getting better at "heel" every day. We are jogging along and she wants to drive but I say "heel" and she does. I would go fast she would too I would slow she would. I could even stop and she would sit. It was cool. And I couldn't help compare myself. Am I like this strong willed puppy? Does God need to put the choke collar on me sometimes to make me "heel" because I KNOW I am one of His strongwilled children? It really made sense to me. We passed a pond at one point and a flock of seagulls (not the band from the '80s but the birds, actually) took off. They were going everywhere and Eszti didn't know what do. It was as if someone had turned on the "scatterbrain" switch in her head. At that moment she needed a tug and some focus. I think I am like that sometimes. I think I need that from God. A gentle, or sometimes firm, reminder of the direction I need to be following Him in. Maybe it doesn't make as much sense to you as it did to me at the time. But I enjoyed my jog and the thoughts that came with it.........

2 Comments:
I have had moments like this with Bailey as well. For a while he was eating sticks in the yard and it made him sick. So we had to remove all the sticke and parts of sticks from his reach. I feel like God has to remove things from our lives that are bad for us sometimes too.
Hey, check out this blog re: jogging and stuff, I think you'll enjoy what Ginny writes: http://58adayinthelifeofgfaith58.blogspot.com/
Love,
C
Isn't it interesting how much insight we gain from the dogs in our lives? :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home