"Mommy moments" and more from the Piszars

Living with a great husband and four kids (a set of 9 year old twins plus fifteen and seventeen year boys--do I really need to say more?)and a dog there are alot of moments to enjoy laugh over. Just thought you might enjoy them too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

Wife to one and mom to four. Sister to three. Sister in law to many. Daughter to two, Daughter in law to two. Grandaughter to one. Aunt to many. What more can I tell you? I wear many "hats" and I am a busy gal. Did I mention that I like to run?

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Insight from a two year old

Last week from out of no where Timothy said to me, "Sarah doesn't talk." After a brief pause I replied, "you're right." And I have thought about that off and on over the past week. It is the first time he has pointed out to me what I already knew. I am not sure why it stuck with me. Is it because it made me sad that he had realized this about his twin? Is it because it's true? I have noticed that people try to prepare you when they are going to tell you something they think will hurt you. And as far as Sarah goes it would have to be something really out there to catch me off gaurd. I find myself assuring the teachers they can tell me what they see, and to please be honest , because they are not going to tell me something I don't know about my daughter. They may have a technical name for it but whatever it is I probably already knew it. But this did catch me off gaurd because it came from him. This caught me off gaurd because I wasn't in "here comes the bad news" mode mentally. I guess if I am totally honest with myself it took me by surprise because if he, a two year old (although he's brilliant I must say) is noticing then everyone else must be too and that makes me a little sad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Heather, Just think of all the things you weren't sure that Sarah would be able to do that she's already doing now. She walked up to Mickey Mouse! Just continue to trust in God, He will bring her along in her development at the right time, and He is faithful, as I'm sure you know.

All my love and prayers are with you,
Cheryl

7:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Cheryl,
Thank you for the words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me! As do your prayer. God IS faithful and has been with us. And most of the time I'm not shaken by anything that has to do with Sarah. But every once in a while something, usually something small and seemingly insignificant (like a comment from a two year old), touches my heart and well....it makes me sad or hurt or disappointed. I think those are the times I really need to lean hard. You are right though, she is doing so many things we were uncertain she would ever do and that's awesome.

Heather

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home